1. The Economisers are manufactured from extended surface tubing,within a carbon steel casing. Removable covers give access to the tubes, which can easily be removed if necessary.
2. They have a design pressure of 24 barg, and design temperature of 300 °C. They are CE marked in accordance with the Pressure Equipment Directive .
3. For dual fuel firing, when prolonged firing on oil is likely, the Units may be supplied with an integral gas bypass. The alternative to this is to incorporate a water bypass in the feed pipe work, thus allowing the units to “run dry”.
4. The Economiser Units are ideally arranged for a vertical gas flow, but if used with a horizontal gas flow, then additional vent and drain connections are fitted.
Working Principle of Economizer
1. The construction and working principle of boiler economiser are simple.
2. At the bottom part, it has a horizontal inlet pipe through which we feed water with normal temperature to the economizer.
3. There is another horizontal pipe fitted at the top of the economiser. These two horizontal pipes, which are bottom and top pipes connected through a group of vertical pipes.
4. There is an outlet valve fitted on the top horizontal pipe to supply hot water to the boiler. The flue gases from the boiler furnace flow through the vertical pipes of the economizer.
5. Here, the flue gases transfer remain heat to the water through the surface of the vertical pipe when the water goes up through the vertical pipes to top horizontal pipe.
6. In this way heat of the flue gases gets utilised through the economizer for heating up the water before entering into the boiler for producing steam.
Spare Parts Tubular Economiser Brief Introduction
1. After producing steam, the flue gas comes out from the system. Some heat energy remains in the flue gas when it goes out.
2. If we cannot utilise this heat energy, it gets lost.
3. Boiler economiser is a device which uses a portion this remained energy of the flue gas to heat up inlet water (feed water) to the boiler.
4. Since the heat energy is given to the water before it gets fed to the boiler, the requirement of fuel for producing steam is optimised. Because of that, we call this device as economiser.
Serpentine Tube Economizer Application
1. It is used in all modern plants. The use of economizer results in saving fuel consumption increases steaming rate and boiler efficiency.
Some of the common applications of economizer are given below, In steam power plants it captures the waste heat from boiler stack gases (flue gases) and transfers it to the boiler feed water.
2. Air-side economizers HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Condition) can save energy in buildings by using cool outside air as a means of cooling the indoor space.
3. Refrigeration: This is commonly used in industrial refrigeration where vapor compression refrigeration is essential. Systems with economizers aim to produce part of the refrigeration work at high pressures, a condition in which gas compressors are normally more efficient.