1. Heat recovery can be used extensively in energy projects. 2. In the energy-rich Persian Gulf region, the steam from the HRSG is used for desalination plants. 3. Universities are ideal candidates for HRSG applications. They can use a gas turbine to produce high reliability electricity for campus use. 4. The HRSG can recover the heat from the gas turbine to produce steam/hot water for district heating or cooling. 5. Large ocean vessels (e.g. Emma Maersk) make use of heat recovery so that their oil-fired boilers can be shut down while underway. Waste Heat Recovery Steam Product Description
1. HRSGs consist of four major components: the economizer, evaporator, superheater and water preheater[clarification needed]. The different components are put together to meet the operating requirements of the unit. See the attached illustration of a Modular HRSG General Arrangement.
2. Modular HRSGs can be categorized by a number of ways such as direction of exhaust gases flow or number of pressure levels. Based on the flow of exhaust gases, HRSGs are categorized into vertical and horizontal types. In horizontal type HRSGs, exhaust gas flows horizontally over vertical tubes whereas in vertical type HRSGs, exhaust gas flow vertically over horizontal tubes.
3. Based on pressure levels, HRSGs can be categorized into single pressure and multi pressure. Single pressure HRSGs have only one steam drum and steam is generated at single pressure level whereas multi pressure HRSGs employ two (double pressure) or three (triple pressure) steam drums. As such triple pressure HRSGs consist of three sections: an LP (low pressure) section, a reheat/IP (intermediate pressure) section, and an HP (high pressure) section.
1. Vertical arrangement, components are compact in structure. 2. Less floor space, save investment in civil engineering. 3. Steel tube economizer, high mechanism strength, impact resistance. 4. Strong overload adaptability, system arrangement and operation is easy. 5. Automatic acoustic wave soot blower, effectively reduce fly ash pollutant. 6. Two-stage air and solid separation based on inertial separation principle, release environment pollution.