Coal Steam Hot Water Boiler Spare Parts Tubular Economiser Tubes economizer for boiler
Spare Parts Tubular Economiser Brief Introduction
1. After producing steam, the flue gas comes out from the system. Some heat energy remains in the flue gas when it goes out.
2. If we cannot utilise this heat energy, it gets lost.
3. Boiler economiser is a device which uses a portion this remained energy of the flue gas to heat up inlet water (feed water) to the boiler.
4. Since the heat energy is given to the water before it gets fed to the boiler, the requirement of fuel for producing steam is optimised. Because of that, we call this device as economiser.
How does boiler spare parts economiser work
1. Boiler stack economizers are simply heat exchangers with hot flue gas on one side and water on the other. Or, in direct contact condensing units, the make-up water is in direct contact with the flue gases.
2. Economizers must be sized for the volume of flue gas, its temperature, the maximum pressure drop allowed through the stack, what kind of fuel is used in the boiler, and how much energy needs to be recovered.
3. Economizers designed for natural gas only, would likely plug-up if installed on a coal boiler and would face increased risk of corrosion if installed on an oil-fired boiler. Some units are designed to keep the flue gases above condensation temperature, and others are made of materials that resist the corrosive effect of condensed flue gases.
Serpentine Tube Economizer Application
1. It is used in all modern plants. The use of economizer results in saving fuel consumption increases steaming rate and boiler efficiency.
Some of the common applications of economizer are given below, In steam power plants it captures the waste heat from boiler stack gases (flue gases) and transfers it to the boiler feed water.
2. Air-side economizers HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Condition) can save energy in buildings by using cool outside air as a means of cooling the indoor space.
3. Refrigeration: This is commonly used in industrial refrigeration where vapor compression refrigeration is essential. Systems with economizers aim to produce part of the refrigeration work at high pressures, a condition in which gas compressors are normally more efficient.