Boiler design for ultra supercritical coal power plants superheater and reheater
1. A superheater is a vital part of the boiler system that is used to increase the overall efficiency of a thermal power plant.
2. More specifically, it is a device which converts wet steam(saturated steam ) into dry steam as dry steam contains more thermal energy.
3. Dry steam is also less likely to condense within the engine cylinders or the casing of a steam turbine.
1. Superheaters Coils are the most critial Boiler Component of the modern day Thermal Power Plant and are subject to very high metal temperatures.
2. In fact the capacity of the Superheater to work without failure at higher Temperatures is what determines the boilers Capacity and it effects improvement in economy by reducing steam consumption of the steam turbine.
3. We have fabricated thousands of superheaters- radiant,pendant,final,fluidized bed types, reheaters for all kinds of boilers having complicated very close and compact shapes with tube sizes ranging from 32mm OD to 76.2mm OD and thickness from 3mm of 12mm in all types of Boiler quality steel grades ranging from carbon to alloys and stainless steel for metal temperature ranging up 650 C and for boilers of 10 to 500 MW capacity.
Benefits of Superheaters in Boilers
Increase in efficiency of the steam power plant
Minimized erosion of turbine blade
Less steam consumption
Reduction of condensation loss in the boiler steam pipes
Increases the temperature of saturated steam by removing entrained water particles from turbines steam