Boiler design for ultra supercritical coal power plants superheater and reheater
Superheater located position in boiler
1. Superheaters are generally placed where the flue gases are hot. There is still a lot of molten ash and reactive gases.
2. This places an extra burden on the mechanical construction of superheaters.
3. Because superheaters have to be built for optimal behavior in an often hostile environment that differs from boiler to boiler, there are very many different types of superheater
Differences between superheater and reheater
1. Superheaters and reheaters are specially designed to increase the temperature of the saturated steam and to help control the steam outlet temperature.
2. They are simple single-phase heat exchangerswith steam flowing inside and the flue gas passing outside, generally in the cross flow. Superheaters and reheaters are often divided into multiple sections to help control steam temperature and optimize heat recovery, and their heating surfaces can be arranged either horizontally or vertically.
3. The physical design and location of the surfaces is dependent on the desired outlet temperature, heat absorption, fuel ash characteristics and cleaning equipment. The main components are usually manufactured from steel alloys, as both the superheater and reheaters are operated at high temperature.
Steam Superheater in Boiler Manufacturer in DHB
1. Our boiler superheaters come with adequate safety features to prolong the life of a superheater as well as your equipment where the steam is used.
2. The safety valve is installed in a super-heater to prevent operating pressure to exceed the design pressure of a superheater in the boiler.
3. We manufacture steam superheaters that suit different type of fuels such as:
Solid Fuels (Wood, Rice Husk, Bagasse, Coal)
Liquid and Gas fuels (Light and Heavy Oils, Natural Gas)
Electrical operated steam boiler superheaters.
Benefits of Superheaters in Boilers
Increase in efficiency of the steam power plant
Minimized erosion of turbine blade
Less steam consumption
Reduction of condensation loss in the boiler steam pipes
Increases the temperature of saturated steam by removing entrained water particles from turbines steam